Hidden River Cave options
- Explore the history of the caves in the region and the impact of the world above ground on the life below ground at the American Cave Museum.
- Study one of the world’s top 10 underground ecosystems on Hidden River Cave’s off-trail Wild Cave Tour. (Advance reservations required for this 2-hour or 3-hour tour.)
- Learn about the colorful history of what has been called the world’s most remarkable cave restoration on a walking tour along the banks of the rushing underground river.
- Soar on a zip line across Hidden River Cave’s sinkhole entrance, the area’s largest natural cave entrance.
- Rappel down the limestone face of Hidden River Cave.
Green River, the state’s longest river
- Discover the beauty of Green River on a canoe or kayak trip on one of the world’s most biologically diverse rivers. Big Buffalo Crossing Canoe & Kayak trips range from 3 hours to 2 days.
- Hike the 4-mile Jenny Byrd Wilson Trail along the Green River or stroll the 1-mile walking trail around Green River Park & Arboretum.
- Take a scenic country drive along the Hart County Barn Quilt Trail that features large hand-painted quilt squares on rural buildings scattered around the rural areas of the county.
- Stop by Dennison’s Roadside Market, a Kentucky Proud market on scenic US 31E that features seasonal flowers and plants, fruits and vegetables, jams and jellies, Amish baskets, locally made crafts, Chaney’s Ice Cream, Penn’s Country Hams. Pick your own berries and pumpkins in season. Autumn activities.
- Try a fresh-sliced sandwich at Detweiler’s Country Store.
- Indulge in some homemade goodness at Turtlelini’s Pizza & Pasta.
- Snag a luscious donut at R & S Grocery and Amish Bakery.