Here’s what you should know:
- There will be FREE birding hikes and spring flower walks at Mammoth Cave National Park every park Tuesday and Thursday, starting March 26th. Birding hikes leave from the Visitor’s Center at 8:15 am and flower walks at 11:00 am.
- There is an amazing Mammoth Cave Area Flora website that can help you with identification and inspiration.
- A local, Randy Seymour, actually wrote the book on Wildflowers of Mammoth Cave National Park years ago. You can click it for an Amazon link to the book or you can usually find the book at the Eastern Book Store located in the Visitor’s Center.
And here’s where you should go:
At Mammoth Cave National Park we recommend these trails in the front country:
- Cedar Sink – 1 mile
- River Styx Springs – .4 miles from the Historic Entrance
- Green River Bluffs Loop – 1.3 miles
- We also recommend the Jenny Wilson Byrd trail in Munfordville. This trail runs along the Green River for 4.5 miles to Johnson Springs. You can enter the trail at either location and leave a vehicle for shuttling. The trailhead in Munfordville begins at the Green River Park and Arboretum.
Have the greatest time & don’t forget to take pics and tag us at #kygetaway