5 THRILLING Things To Do At Kentucky Down Under
Kentucky Down Under Adventure Zoo is an amazingly interactive place where everyone feels like a kid again. Here are the 5 things sure to give you a thrill!
1. Enter the aviary. Trust us when we say this doesn’t sound nearly as exciting as it is. When your arm, head or shoulder becomes a perch for the lories, you’ll see why there’s so much joy on these faces!
2. Encounter a camel. Calvin, our dromedary camel has quickly become a Kentucky Down Under fan favorite! He loves hay and getting close and personal. You’ll love being spending time with such an interesting animal. And you can even take a camel home with you! (a soft, huggable stuffed one of course)
3. Feed a kangaroo. There aren’t many places in the nation that allow visitors to get as close and personal to kangaroos as they do at Kentucky Down Under. The kangaroo habitat is a place where humans, kangaroos and emus all get along.
4. Tour a cave. Kentucky Down Under is a 75 acre park that also includes the entrance to Mammoth Onyx Cave. This 30 minute tour is the perfect way to cool off on the summer day. The cave stays at a cool 58 degrees year round and it is simply beautiful inside.
5. Eat some fudge. It’s delicious!
AND, you don’t have to take our word for it. Here’s a what a couple of bloggers, who visited recently, had to say.